Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Amazing Ross find: Orly Polish



Hi guys!

So the other day, I went to Ross and found something that I never thought I'd see for a loooong time, ORLY NAIL POLISH! And better yet, in the little packs that they had, there was Orly Gumdrop! I was so excited. I was literally OMGing out loud. They were packaged in boxes that said "Perfect Pair". I'm guessing it's just two shades that go well together.

Orly Pixy Stix is a really pretty pinky-coral that is perfect for summer time. It's not too bright, so it's very wearable. Application is very smooth. You can get away with two coats with this, but I used three to cover up all of my imperfections. Topped with Seche Vite.

Gumdrop is a minty green / light teal color that I personally love. I've seen this color on IG and I wanted it so badly! Now it's mine, muahahahaha! Application was a bit streaky, but a third coat helped cover any imperfections. Topped with Seche Vite.

Pink Chocolate is a dusty rose sort of color. It looks very similar to the Revlon Colorstay Vintage Rose. I did a comparison on my thumb and Vintage Rose is slightly darker in color (and a better formula imo). I still really do like this color. It's very sophisticated and I'm sure you'd be able to wear this to work. Formula was very smooth and only required 2 coats for opacity.

Lastly, is Naughty. It's a very deep deep blood red, that could look black in some lights. It's a very vampy polish, nice for fall and winter. This polish makes my skin look so much lighter than it is! The polish itself was pretty sheer, which I didn't expect, but the coverage was buildable. This was actually 4 thin coats.


My overall opinion of Orly nail polish; I really like it! I would like to try more of them. I've heard that Orly makes a really nice pale yellow that's not streaky like other yellows I've come across. I so wish they sold Orly permanently in Maui :(
Well, thanks for reading and have a great day!a

No comments:

Post a Comment