Saturday, June 1, 2013

Sally Hansen Sugar Coat Textured Polish





Hello guys! I'm back to show you some swatches of a collection I've been waiting impatiently for to come to Maui. The new Sally Hansen Sugar Coat Textured Polishes and the Fuzzy Coats, but I'll save that for another post. I kept being teased by swatches on Instagram and Blogger and had almost lost hope in getting this cute collection. I already missed out on the Milani Textured Polish, I wasn't gonna miss out on these. On my bf's day off, I asked to go to Walgreens. We went in and I noticed that their displays looked like they have been moved around. I looked around the area where they'd usually have the new stuff and I was disappointed when I didn't see the new display. But then, as I turned around to make a sad face to my bf, I saw the display! It was such a beautiful sight lol. It wasn't fully stocked, but had most of the colors. 



I chose 4 colors. Cotton candies which is a bubblegum, or cotton candy pink. Lick-O-Rich, which is a plain black. Sweetie, which is a light yellow. And Sour Apple, which is a mint green.


All swatches were applied with a base coat, 3 coats of polish, and no top coat.

Cotton Candies
Application was alright. Three coats to opacity. You have to make sure that you cover the whole nail with the first coat, or else you'll get some bald spots on the sides. I freaking loved this color on me. It looks like I painted that bubblegum that came in a little plastic jug onto my nails. Remember those?

Lick-O-Rich
BEST APPLICATION EVER. This was three coats as well. I loved applying this one, it went on like a dream. It's safe to say that it's my favorite out of the bunch, which is weird because I don't usually like black on my nails. Every nail was consistent except for on little spot on my pointer. And it just looks really cool.

Sour Apple
Three coats to opacity. Application was kind of a butt. I had some trouble with the consistency on my pointer finger. The grittiness wasn't looking as gritty. I realized my coats were too thick. So I kept going over my nail with just the brush, without dipping it back into the bottle till I was satisfied with the grittiness. It still looks weird though.


Sweetie
Three coats to opacity. Love the color, hate the formula.,I don't know if its just me, or is all yellow polishes a pain in the ass to apply? The pinkie and ring fingers were alright, but my middle and pointed had to be reapplied like 4 times. I'm pretty much over this one. It's probably going back to the store. I don't know, what do you guys think?


Overall, I really like this new "fad", especially the black. It's something different and fun. I keep running my fingers over the polish to feel them. I gotta say though, it's not a fast, quickly apply this polish and it'll look perfect every time kind of polish. You have to work with it and apply carefully. I still really love texured nail polish. I might pick up more, but we'll see. If I do, I'll update this post. 
What do you guys think about the new textured polish fad, if I may call it a fad. Is it gonna pass quickly like crackle and magnetic? Or will it stick? Let me know in the comments! I love interacting with readers!

Thanks for reading guys. Have a great day and keep polishing!

No comments:

Post a Comment