Monday, May 13, 2013

Maybelline Color Show Summer Collection: Sandstorm & Poolside

 

Hello again!
Today, I have some swatches of two pretty colors from a brand that I don't really pay attention to. 

Yesterday at Walgreens, I was looking around and passed by this cute little display of Maybelline products. I usually just walk past Maybelline but this certain collection caught my eye. The Color Show Summer Collection wasn't your original summer collection with neon oranges and yellows, instead it was full of beautiful, beachy themed colors. There was a deep sea blue and pretty sand shades like the one I have below.


I have the shades Poolside and Sandstorm. 

Sorry, messy application. This is my "cinderella" hand.



Poolside is a light, pastel, powder blue. I love this color! I don't have anything like it in my collection, so I had to pick it up. Application was kind of sheer and streaky. I had to apply 3 coats to get rid of most of the streakiness. Oh well, still one of my favorite colors.





The other color I got was a very pretty nude, off white color. I've been loving pale nudes on my as of recently. This one is called Sandstorm. I guess it's supposed to be the color of sand, but I see it as an off, eggshell white. This applied a lot better than Poolside as it was opaque in 2 thin coats with no streakiness. I see myself wearing this a lot. It has a better formula than a lot of my other nudes. 

I might give more Maybelline polishes a try. If the others have the same formula as Sandstorm, I'll be pleased. I bought these at my local Walgreens for $4.99. For the Benefit Rewards Cardholders, if you buy $15 worth of Maybelline products, you get 2,500 points back.

I had fun having a little photoshoot with these polishes. Here's a pic of these lovelies in the grass...which look like green sprouts or spinich -___- the grass isn't nice this time of the year.



Oh one more thing, how do you guys like the new photo locations? I took them in the family room on this high wicker table. I love that table for product photos.

Ok well talk to you guys soon! Have a great day and keep polishing!

No comments:

Post a Comment