Friday, May 10, 2013

Sinful Colors: Sinful Shine with Gel Tech Swatches

Hi guys! I'm back with a review of Sinful Colors' new Sinful Shine with Gel Tech line. It claims to have "5x more glossy than a patented leather shoe".
Retails for $2.99, whereas the regular SC polish is just $1.99.
After hearing about another new Sinful Colors collection on Instagram, I wanted to check it out but thought, oh it's probably another collection with permanent line repeats again. I saw this display in the "nailpolish" hashtag and I just had to see it. You know a collection has so much colors if the display goes vertical instead of horizontal.

Photo courtesy of
Nouveau Cheap

I purchased 12 of the 32 colors but I plan on going back for more hehe.
I did manini (small) swatches on each finger because I can't find the time to swatch each polish on my whole hand. I'll save that for another day. 

All were done with no top coat.






This pretty one is Alfresco. It is a pretty periwinkle blue. Looking at the bottle in the store, it wasn't really catching my eye the first time. I went home without it, and looked up swatches for it online and Ameynails' picture made me fall in love! I bee-lined for it at my next trip to Walgreens. It is opaque in 2 coats. Application was a little thick, mainly due to the fact that this was one of the bottles with the thin brush. If you notice the bubbling, that's my fault. I did it in my room which had two fans on, an obvious no-no.


Next is Manhunt. It's a very pretty camo/army dark green with a subtle shimmer. It's one of the few in the line with shimmer actually. I never thought I would like dark green on my nails but like I said earlier, I'm on a green kick. Opaque in two coats and application was nice like the rest of the darker colors. I can see myself wearing this a lot in the fall.



This is Blue Suede Shoes. It is a muted, dusky blue that can almost look grey in person. This is ONE COAT! When I swatched these I did one coat, waited a bit, then went back for a second coat. When I looked at this finger, I realized it didn't even need a second coat. I got so excited, I showed off to my boyfriend who was less than impressed. Well what does he know lol. Once again, opaque in one coat but probably buildable. Application was a dream. Can't say that enough. I can see myself wearing this a lot in the fall and winter.


Next is Bottoms Up. It is a really nice muted navy blue. It could also look slightly purple in different lighting. Application was good and was opaque in two coats. 



Here I have Dark Room. It looks like just a regular black from the bottle so I picked it up because I needed a black. When I swatched this color, I swear I could see a tiny, tiiiny amount of dark green in it. Somewhat like OPI's Here Today, Aragon Tomorrow but darker. I could be wrong and it couple be just a plain black, I don't know. It's nice though. Application, was good but it seemed to bubble even though I applied this in a room without a fan on. Opaque in 2 coats. Oh and sorry about the messy swatch, I had to change a diaper before I took the picture.




This lovely polish is I'm Blushing. It is a very pale pink, almost like a cream or off white. I've worn this color for a couple days. It was the very first SCSS that I've tried. I love this color. It's one of the best light nudes that I have. It is opaque in 2-3 coats, one of the best things about it is that it isn't sheer at all, unlike other similar colors. I'm such a sucker for opaque nude polishes.




This is In the Limelight. It's my most recent SCSS purchase. I love this color! It's a nice pea green, I've been really into greens lately. I don't really know why. Opaque in two thin coats. Application was nice on this one and the brush fanned out well unlike a couple of colors where the brush stayed thin. One of my favorites.




Next is Rendezvous. It's one of my favorites in the line, just because it's that light minty green that I love. It's not so minty green that it doesn't look good on me, for example, Sally Hansen's Mint Sorbet is pretty much unwearable on my skin tone. Rendezvous has just the right amount of green where it is actually wearable. Thus making it one of my favesies. This is 3 coats and as you can see, it still looks slightly streaky. Application wasn't the best, but color makes up for it.




This is one of my favorites. It is Sailor's Delight. A cute light, baby pink. I love this color mainly because I'm a pink lover, so call me biased. I also love light nude nails so this gives me the best of both worlds with light, pink, and slightly nude. Application wasn't great, as all light pastel colors, it was pretty streaky. Three coats and it isn't as opaque as I like. Still love the color.




Next is Nouveau Purple. This was such a pain in the ass to photograph. Under my white fluorescent lighting it came off as a navy-ish blue. Under my warmer lighting, the color showed up a little better, but still didn't catch it's true color. I had to play around with Photoscape to get remotely close to it. Otherwise, it's a gorgeous color and I can see myself wearing it a lot in the fall. It makes my tan skin look a shade lighter too. Application was nice, just like the other dark polishes in this collection. It was opaque in two coats. 





This is Steel Reserve. It's a very deep grey with a slight hint of blue. It's a really nice alternative if you don't want to go full on black. Application was really nice and it was opaque in two coats. It's not the most interesting color but I keep catching myself looking at my nails with this color on.




Lastly is Come Hither. I already did a post on this color, not knowing I was going to do a whole post on the collection. Anyway, it is a wearable hot pink color. It's not so "in your face" hot pink, it is a little bit darker or toned down a bit. It's a perfect pedicure color in my opinion. Application was well and was opaque in three coats. You could get away with two but I applied three because I still saw some streakiness.




Removal was normal, no polish stained my nails. I love this collection as much, maybe more, than the whole SC line. I wish I could buy all of the colors. That concludes my first swatching of a collection (half of a collection actually lol). But yes, some were bubbly and messy but I'm pretty darn proud of myself. Thanks for reading guys. And as always, keep polishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment