Saturday, May 25, 2013

Floral Grapes? And pinstripes of course

Hey you awesome people,
I haven't posted in a whole week! I just didn't know what to post, or am just uninspired as of late. But when I logged on, DAMN, my jaw just dropped! I'm up to 500 post views! Wowzers, that's a lot to me. My most viewed post is my Sinful Colors Sinful Shine swatch post, second is my Island Girl swatch post. I guess people like my swatches c: That makes me giddy xD

OK, on to the actual reason for this post...


Apologies in advance for the lack of mani-photos. 

I recently got my striping tape in and wanted to try it. Please don't mind my lack in floral painting skills. My boyfriend even said they look like grapes -____- Well I think they're cute grapes. But can I just say that I love love LOVE striping tape? I always avoided striped mani's because I could never cut my scotch tape so uniformly. Stripes are one of my favorite patterns and I'm so glad I got those dang striping tape things. They're kind of hard to handle though.

I kind of got my inspiration from KaitlinFerland of The Daily Polish. I always loved how she would mix up her nail art by doing designs on two of her nails side by side, then paint the rest of her nails a plain color.

Colors I used are:
  • Tea Beauty Lavender Sugar (pink color)
  • Revlon Bare Bones (nude color)
  • Wet n Wild On a Trip (dark purple)
  • Sally Hansen Lacey Lilac (light purple)
  • Loreal New Money (leaf green)
  • Sinful Shine Rendezvous (leaf detail)
  • Sinful Shine I'm Blushing (pinkie pinstripe)
Base and Top Coats:
  • Duri Rejuvacote (base)
  • NYC In a New York Minute Quick Dry Polish Grand Central Station (top coat)

No comments:

Post a Comment